Electronic ignition systems

Jan 1st, 2003

Happy New Year's Day to All:

Perhaps someone with experience on electronic ignition systems can give
me
some guidance here.  I have installed Pertronix systems on several
of the non Mopar autos in the collection, both 6volt and 12 volt and
Delco and Autolite systems, and have been pleased with the results.

However, no electronic systems seem to be available for any of the
6 volt Chrysler products.  The mechanic and I looked at an electronic
ignition
system for a 6 volt Packard with  Autolite, and thought by modifying the

Chrysler distributor(a single point system), it might be made to work,
but
I hate to go and irreversibly alter a distributor before reviewing this
further.  Perhaps there is some one who is already producing this
item for 6volt senior Chrysler products with both single and dual
point ignitions?

You can contact me privately at grandcar@xxxxxxxxxxxx if you like.

Thanks,

Robert