Re:IML: Imperial snow boarding

Yes, the Imperial has superior offroading abilities. Back in the '70's our '67
was the vehicle of choice to chase cattle or go roaring out into the fields for
whatever reason...even with a couple of pickup trucks in the yard. Of course,
now I'm the guy that gets to fix some of the results of those forays. Back then
we still didn't have many 4wheel drive trucks on the North Dakota border to
Manitoba so there was alot of stubble jumpin' with cars, too. Somewhere around
the house we have a mid-seventies picture of my father-in-law standing next to
our '67...on top of a snowbank...next to the top 3 or 4 inches of a 4 foot
fence post sticking up out of the snow. When you have the wind whistling in
from Brad H.'s part of the country it packs in the snow hard enough that even
the 5k # Imp tires don't make much of a depression in the snow. Ah, yes, the
sight of that Imperial skipping from the top of one snowdrift to the next...I
have no doubt it occurred more than once 'cause my wife's dad tends to drive
that way.

Dave
'67 Haze green sedan
Covington, Wa.