55 Imperial not sold on Ebay

Thank you Ken for writing a fine response to the subject of the ebay 55.  You
are so right and I find the same thing in my antique business as well as the
entire furniture business after 31 years, I guess it ain't gonna change!  I
hate it!  I've not owned as many cars as you, but more than the average
person.  You're right, it's always that way.  My car is a fabulous 20 footer
and I'd say a great 15 footer and probably even a darn good 5 footer, the
point being, it's very good looking fairly original car.  I'm sure the black
paint has been touched up here and there, but it's not pumped full of bondo.
Unfortunately, it grew up on gravel roads in northern Montana, but i don't
care, it's in great condition and yes, I paid accordingly, but i did a lot of
research and compared to everything I've owned in the past I consider it a
fair deal.  It not only has all it's parts intact, but the only pitting of
chrome is a little on the grille and a couple of specks behind the rear
wheels on the chrome trim.  That's pretty good for a 47 year old car!
This car was garage kept all it's life, it didn't sit out under a tree
somewhere.  If nothing else, the original leather will tell you that.  As
I've said before, the red fabric was replaced in the front seat panels and
the carpeting was changed, which I didn't think was like the original, but
the more I look around I think it's pretty close.  At a recent Christmas
party/car club meeting, someone tried to say that the chrome on my taillights
had been redone and I said, that's funny, how could there be Montana dust
inside the taillight lens, when the car was on blocks for 16 years, plus
Montana having paved roads in the 1960's where this car was driven?  I don't
think so!  Also, tried to tell me that the windshield rubber had been
replaced and I pointed out that there are a couple of places where the rubber
is worn away on the outside and the same crack has been in the center for
more than the 25 years that the previous owner had the car, he then shut up.
This car was simply very well taken care of and I am lucky to have it.  Like
I said before, it's not perfect, but I don't see 29 or even 910 of them
driving by my house either!  Thanks for letting me vent, I'm just tired of
the same old, same old.  Have a great 2003!
David Frye