Now I'm smoking too!

Hi Dick,
Thanks for your reply. I do have a factory service manual I got on eBay. I will look it up. I didn't have a lot of time today, but I wanted to cap off the water lines. When I went to remove the hoses, one was very stubborn coming off one of the connectors at the front of the engine, and I tore open a short piece of hose under the connector. I figured this was an omen that I should finally replace all the coolant hoses, since I have a myriad of hoses and connectors going to that worthless water filter that I've been wanting to bypass, and remove. I went to the auto parts store where employees tempers were all overheated due to the unexpected rush of shoppers in there so close to Christmas. I bough a couple of caps, and six feet of hose, and new clamps, and a jug of coolant. I guess I have my work cut out for me when I return from my Christmas get away.
Bill '59 Crown