'59 core removal (+ antena motor question)

'59 core removal (+ antena motor question)

Through the engine compartment. Process is described in the FSM and it
seems easy (?): disconnect battery, heater hoses. Remove screws
attaching heater housing to dash panel and remove housing and core as an
assembly. Remove gasket to expose rivets (if used), remove heater core
from housing. A note says that " core is held in position in the outer
housing with plactic rivets; care should be used when pressing out these
rivets"

About antena: my '57 antena motor became more and more lazy these later
weeks. Today it stops to work (as you expected with antena 1/2 raised
..). I'll remove it but does someone have already open the antena assy.
? I haven't any schematics or pics of the motor and i don't know if it's
a motor problem or anything else in the antena. I've noted that the
motor seems right because when i want to come down the antena the
amperemeter goes to "Discharge" and the interior lights dimms..  Seems
that something is freezing in the assy !

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

IMPORTANT: les messages "nouveau document microsoft word" contenant un "ver" ne
proviennent pas de cette adresse mais d'un "usurpateur" (spoofing)...
BEWARE: we never send messages "nouveau document microsoft word" with worm
attached file ! Someone usurpates our identity (spoofing). Delete immediatly !

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad

- SportsCars : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-sprtcar