Rusted old cars

Well, everything's relative, I suppose.  If you have been to Arizona or
California you will think Florida's cars are rustbuckets.  Cars really seem
to rust out pretty quick where I am, which is near the sea and very wet all
year round.  (You can leave some glavanized screws lying outside on a table
here and come back in a few days and they will already have rust on them.)
I bought an Imperial about 3-4 years ago that was an Oregon car and totally
without rust-- I mean zero rust.  In just 3 years in Florida I can see a
thin layer of rust starting to form over the underside of the car.  Still
far better than any comparable 31 year old car, but it makes me worry.  I
almost think you shouldn't try to keep collector cars in an area like this--
it's almost criminal to watch what the climate does to them.

All states do not have inspections.  Florida does not.  (Certain counties
may, I'm not sure.)  As a result, you see all kinds of junky vehicles on the
road here.  It's amazing some of them even function.

Mark M