"Most restored cars are not daily drivers"

"Most restored cars are not daily drivers"

    As a hobbist I feel there are as many opinions as there are Imperial
owners.

      As a fan of all Chrysler products, I consider myself fortunate to
have my 1939 Custom Imperial Limousine C24. An
Imperial I wasn't looking for & purchased over the phone with out having
seen it. My pleasure & therapy have come from restoring a certified
"Basket Case" as well as possible at considerable time, effort and
expense. Looking back, I could have been the owner of any Imperial I
wished, for less cost. Any pride I have, comes from knowing I have
resurrected  a fine example of Chrysler engineering but also
a bit of "Americana" and automotive  history.

     Having said that, I drive the Imperial
every chance I get, with the exception of
the past week when we have experienced
torrential rain along with gale force winds.
I can understand not driving our Imperials
in salty roads. However, I see no logical
reason not to enjoy the fruits of my labour
and have some one hide the car in their garage when I am no longer
around to enjoy it.

Merry Christmas to all and best Imperial wishes in the coming year!
jim

     If a car is sitting in the garage, it's an Auto.
    If it's on the road, it's an AutoMOBILE.