The Golden Age of Imperial Ownership?

Thank you Kenyon for writing such a true and knowledgable essay on the
current ownership of Imperials.  When I started my journey of searching for a
classic car I stumbled upon the picture of the Imperial I now own just
casually thumbing through a car magazine and it stood out to me as being
something affordable and quite different than the Buicks and Lincolns that
I'd owned in the past.  Over 90 days passed before the actual purchase, but I
think I must have picked up that ad everyday to look at it.  Just couldn't
get it out of my mind and I really did do a lot of searching.  Internet,
ebay, other magazines, etc.  And, in all price ranges.  When buying a classic
car I try to keep resale in mind just in case it's not what I wanted, but at
the same time it's important to find one that doesn't break the bank with
repairs as I'm not very mechanical.  I wanted a car that was driveable as
well as in good shape and good looking and not run of the mill and not
over-priced.  I'm sorry, Chevy's aren't worth $50,000.  That's a lot of what
I was seeing in the magazine ads.  This may stir up some friction, not meant
to, but Chevy's and Ford's are over-priced and common in the marketplace.
Imperials and even high-end Chrysler's have a lot of style and value for the
money and have to be the next most popular car hobbyist automobiles available
and I feel that anyone wanting to get into this hobby is missing out on the
quality of these fine cars.  I'm still learning about my '55 Coupe, being my
first one, but I haven't been disappointed at all with my choice.  I'm all
about luxury and power everything.  I like windows that go up and down with a
button, not a crank and anything else that is suppose to move!  You may
choose to not post this, it's rather long-winded, but I feel that a lot of
car enthusiasts are missing out on a lot of luxury and fun.
Thanks,
David Frye