60 roof inserts

Yes. Although you probably don't want to go in a straight line but rather in a circle. following a decreasing radius scheme.  If you had a way to slowly rotate the insert while you sanded your lines would be more straight.  You can try it on the back side to get your technique down.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 60 roof inserts

Hello Kerry,
This was an interesting post, since the flightsweep hub on my '59 Imperial is worn to being very shiny on the lower end where water sat. When I got the hub I cleaned it with CLR to get rid of the lime deposits, and heavy staining on the lower end, but the brush finish was worn off. Can I use the same technique of sanding with WD40 to bring my brush texture back? I think the '59 hub is stainless steel.
Bill '59 Crown