alt upgrade

Hi All; I had similar problems with my 67 Imp. Charging system. I replaced
the alt with a one wire GM alternator, eliminating the need for an external
regulator and wiring. I ran a second wire from the alt. output to the battery
post on the starter relay. This parallels the original circuit thru the amp
meter. Now the meter still gives an indication of the charging system
function and I am no longer worried about overloading the old system.
    Larry
MULLIC5@xxxxxx
    67 Crown 4DRHT