Registry Upgraded

All,

It has been a long time in coming, however, I have finally upgraded the
registry.  Here are a few of the enhancements:

1.  VINs are no longer stored in the registry.  There were several people
who had concerns about having their vins stored in the registry.  VINs are
still required to register your car (or update it), but I have changed the
the registry so that rather than storing the VIN it now uses it as an
encryption key to encrypt another value, and stores the encrypted value,
not the VIN.

2.  Update functionality has been added.  To make a change to your car's
entry (or information about you), just go to
http://registry.imperialclub.com and choose the update link and enter the
information you want to update.

3.  I have added several models/body styles (E-80, L-80, L*80, Crown Coupe,
St. Regis, 2 and 4 Door Southampton Hard Top to name a few).  If you
model/body style isn't listed, please let me know and I will add it (I have
designed it so that it should be fairly easy to do now--before it wasn't).

4.  I have added a comments field.  You can now add comments to your entry
when you add the car (or you can update the car and add them).  The
comments are limited to 255 characters, and you can see the comments when
you search by holding your mouse over the year of the car (if it has a
comment associated with it).

5.  Several minor bug fixes.

Let me know if you have any problems using the registry.  I will get them
fixed as soon as I can.

Mark Elliott
64 Crown 4dht
OIC website volunteer