cold temp-safety

This comes under Imperial safety following the cold temp thread.  Should anyone move up northe where temperatures do drop below freezing immediately get advice on what the locals do.  I recall living in Havre, Montana the year it was the coldest iin the nation (1981-don't make me reminisce!!!).  We had freezer plug heaters and battery blankets installed and the hospital parking lot had plug in parking-yes we did have to pay for electricity deducted from paycheck!  Survival kits were mandatory I added blankets, reflective blankets, food n water, shovel and kitty litter or sand for traction, candles n matches, adn I must be forgetting something.  Point being its is never too early to plan for safety and appropriate Imperial car performance.  If I preach too much safety its because I am permanently disabled through the lack of consideration and cruelty of others.
jerry