1966 Imperial Crown in Idaho

        I found the following advertisement in the Thrify Nickel, a local
paper with classified advertisements. I haven't seen the car but I know
that it might interest someone in our group.

        "1966 Chrysler Crown Imperial, runs, good to restore, $2500
(208) 939-8944."

        I just called the fellow on the phone. The car is in Eagle, Idaho
near Boise, Idaho. He is selling the car because he has a 1970 Imperial
Lebaron like mine and only has enough time and money for one car right
now. He doesn't want this car to go to a demo derby or be torn apart any
more than any of us do. He said that he is willing to deal so I don't
know what offer he would accept. I think he would like for it to go to a
nice home.  He seemed like a pretty reasonable fellow when I spoke with
him.
I work in the area and could possibly take a look at the car if anyone is
interested.
He is going to be away from the 20th to the 30th so we can't look at the
car during that period.

        I found out the following information:  (These are his
descriptions)
 1)    He said that the body is in reasonable shape, some surface rust
that cleans up pretty well.                         The body  has no rust
holes in it. We live in the high desert here.
2)     It needs a new exhaust system.
 3)    It has dual air conditioning but the line to the rear unit has a
hole in it and allowed all the freon to                 escape.
4)     It needs some front end work as it is scrubbing the tires a bit.
5)        The car runs OK but he said that there seems to be some blowby
in the engine.
6)        The windshield is good but has a scratch from a wiper blade.
 7)       It has the original wheel covers and the chrome is good.
 8)       The vinyl top is in fair condition.
9)        The interior is in fair condition, It is a cloth interior with
a split in the driver's seat. He described the         dash pad as curled
in front
10)   The exterior is Turquoise, the interior is a light turqoise to
match and the vinyl top is white.

 I hope that this might be a car that someone could use.

Don Gheen
1970 Imperial Lebaron
1972 Lincoln MK IV
1963 Morgan 4/4