From: Rex Crews
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 2:53 PM
Subject: IML: 1959 Brakes

Hi Fellow Imperialists,

I have a question about removing and servicing the front brakes on my '59 Crown.  To replace the front cylinders recently I practically had to remove and dismantle the entire wheel to get the cylinders out.  I am sure there must have been an easier way.  I know I need a shop manual, but I am wondering what the "quick" method for removing the cylinders would be?  Then, how does one properly adjust those front brakes?  I do have brakes now, but they pull badly to the left.

Thanks in advance for the friendly advice!

Rex Crews