Powerbrakes....

Quoting Jim Gathmann <jim_gathmann@xxxxxxxxx>:

> So then, on a car which sees boost (aka turbo or
> supercharger set up...), what's changed to keep this
> type of setup working?

Even a boosted engine operates with manifold vacuum at part throttle.  This
vacuum is stored in your booster, so even when you are at WOT and the manifold
pressure is above atmospheric, there is still vacuum in your booster waiting
for you to slam the brakes.  Also, when you do slam on your brakes, you will
hopefully be off the throttle.  This will give a "fresh" vacuum to your booster.

Both my 68's (and I am sure other model years of full size Imperials) CANNOT
stop without the booster.  Even from 5 or 10 mph, its a real challenge to stop
it!

D^2