big block engine access : was Re: IML: length of 73 Imperial

big block engine access : was Re: IML: length of 73 Imperial

"I'm also
> amazed by the number of access   issues under the hood. You'd
> have thought with that much room
> they could have put two 440's in there
> without any tight clearances.
> Michael"
I agree, I have found the best way to remove certain plugs is from
underneath. Especially those around the steering column. Some you are better
off just reaching up with a 13/16ths wrench and breaking them loose, then
twisting them out with your fingers or using a small ratchet. I just change
the plugs I can access from the top fairly easy, then grab the jack and
climb underneath. If you have access to a lift, then the job becomes a piece
of cake. I use this method on all big block Mopars I end up changing plugs
on, but especially on C and D bodies.
Phil <><