a silly question

On my '59 , you push forward to lock, and back to open, my problem is still
locking the car from the outside! Only the passenger side does, so if I want
the car locked I have to take that tremendous trip across the front seat, and
get out of the passenger side. I usually just leave it open, I doubt if anyone
could figure out how to drive it if they did steal it! They probably would give
up anyway just trying to get it started, which can take quite a few tries when
it has been sitting a few days.
Bill '59 Crown