Dubuque Ia. Mopar Show

   Hey Everybody,

   Went to the 'Mopars on the Mississippi' yesterday and met Steve Townsend and his lovely wife Margaret. We didn't get to chat until after the show because he was the dj. And because he is president of the mighty Mississippi mopars he just displayed his 62 LaBaron. The only flaw that was found on this great car was the butterfly stuck in the grill.

  Also met a non-member named Jim Shook from Rockford, Illinois with a beautiful green 68 LaBaron. I told him about the club and he said that he had lived 69 years so far without the internet... Jim is really a great guy who drives his car every day weather permitting. He loves his Imperial because of the great ride and uniqueness. The title also read Imperial LaBaron not Chrysler Imperial. Something that took four try's to accomplish.

  A former member named Steve (I didn't catch his last name) brought out his 83. It was a work in progress and he was worried that it wouldn't start when it was time to leave. A very talkative character, we covered subjects from Imperials to lawn chairs to how to properly crush pop cans. After the awards ceremony his car started right up.

  I had a great time looking at all the cars and chatting with all the people. I received a second place trophy and a first place sunburn. I will chalk this up as a great success.

   Buck and Das Boot