Rebuild Build 440 or buy new?

Ken, the way you wrote this, it sounds as if you think the fire was an
indication that the engine needs to be rebuilt.

I think that in order for people to give you useful advice, you need to discuss
more the symptoms that make you think the engine needs to be rebuilt.  But at
any case, the only time when an engine is not worth to be rebuilt is if
something very nasty happened, like a rod wenth through the block.
D^2