Very Bad News (OT)

Hello all.

I have some extremely bad news tonight. I have been
away from my computer the last few days, and did not
learn of this until now. I don't know how many of you
know this, but...

Gus Mahon, well known turbo FWD Mopar guy, one of the
nicest, smartest figures in modern car performance
(with the fast Acclaim and turbo van which were
beating V8's and such), died on Monday night.

Gus had been in a motorcycle accident and didn't make
it. I haven't yet learned much more then that.

Gus hadn't made any financial arrangements for his
death, and because of such, his family has a bigger
burden.

Word is that a fund will be set up for his family. I
do not know if this has yet been done, by whom, or
where money can be sent. I heard paypal, but I don't
know how acurate that information is.

Hopefully he didn't suffer much in the crash. Having
had an uncle who died in a biker crash, I know
personally how dangerous and painful motorcycle
accidents can be.

This is the worset information I have ever recieved
through an internet forumn. Please spread the word to
other car lists which might have people who reconise
his name. I know his name has already been mentioned
in several Honda, Ricer, DSM, and other non-FWD Mopar
specific lists/groups.

The funeral is on Friday at 2:00.

                             -Jim Gathmann

This is only related to this list in that Gus was
always willing to help Mopar guys, and is one of the
most well known Mopar guys of recient times, both on
the net, and on the 1/4 mile. I know he was never
specific in his aid to stock turbo cars, but also
would span his help to aid anyone who wanted to turbo
his Mopar... including the 3.3/3.8L engine used in the
90's Imperials. Sorry if this wasn't 100% on topic,
but I just wanted to make sure anyone who knew him (in
person or computer), could learn of the bad news.

I know my big project was influenced by has super fast
Accliam or Van (ever seen a big block RWD V8 get
beaten by a 4-cylinder FWD Mopar? He was able to do
it- several times). After seeing a mpg of his car with
boost, I thought about adding boost to my Dynasty, and
since then, I  had started thinking that others too
may be interested in such information (after all, the
Imperial and Dynasty are almost the same car). That
was one of the original reasons why I joined this list.