67 stalling after idle

My '67 has a new gas tank, new metal lines, new fuel pump, new filter, and
new rubber lines.  All connections are solid.  The car is a bit hard
starting, but nothing really worth talking about in this posting.  The idle
is very slightly rough, but still smooth when compared to most cars.  The
car will idle just fine in park for about 2 minutes, then stalls out and
dies, almost like fuel starvation.  It will not restart unless you wait
about 5 minutes.  I can also start the car and rev the engine, using much
more gas and making all sorts of enjoyable noises while doing so, but the
car again stalls and dies in about 2 minutes.  Because the car stalls and
dies after about the same length of time, regardless of engine speed before
that, I'm beginning to think that the stalling is related to something that
results or changes due to reaching normal operating conditions, like
manifold pressure, pressure in the tank (new vented cap with correct PSI
rating), choke, vacuum (although the brake booster has full power), etc.
Any ideas?  Thanks, Greg