Imperial Registry

Hi Folks & Imperial Lovers, where ever you Are:

     I don't want to rain on any ones parade. but isn't the OIC a de
facto
registry?  I would think we have Imperial Owners who are members only
because they met a member in a parking lot or car show etc. who
introduced them to the OIC.

     At one time we received a roster of members on a yearly basis. To
resurrect that idea would seem to me, to be an easier solution than
searching through DMV files & junk yards. What good would be
accomplished finding all Imperials IF
they are not members of the OIC? Personally, I know of only five 1939
C24's
like my car and if I discover others, I'll invite them to become
members.  I am in contact with only one of those owners, who is not a
member or uses a computer.
Our friendship has been mutually beneficial in the exchange of
information and parts.

     I feel, the registry as discussed, would be a daunting task,and
very tiring for those who would volunteer and suffer an early demise.

     As a foot note, my 15 minutes of fame has passed.  I have received
a book, "Stretching It", autographed by Michael Bromley and co-authored
with Tom Mazza. Recently published by the Society of Automotive
Engineers for the Limousine trade, it includes some of Dietmar
Frensemyer's excellent photos of my car taken at the Calif, 2000 State
meet in Fresno.

That's All Folks. It's back to the garage & the grease for me.
Jim