From: Mike Pittinaro [mailto:mechimike@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 1:11 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 4 seater???

> it has little to do with the name.  The 1961
> Chrysler 300G was the absolute
> fastest 4 passenger car.  Nothing from Germany,
> Italy, England or anywhere else

4 passenger, shoot, you could fit six people in one of
those 300s!!  They were almost as large as an
Imperial.

I've yet to see a sedan nowadays that could seat 6
comfortably.  Most have bucket seats in front, which
immediately cuts passenger count down to 5.  Most cars
just aren't wide enough anyway, and back seats seem
relegated to child seating.  I feel quite undignified
exiting even a modern full size car, such as my
parent's LeSabre, from the rear.  However, exiting my
Imperial from the rear seat makes me feel like I've
just been chauffered somewhere!

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome