Chrysler Imperial

Actually, I DO have a copy of the 1972 parts catalogue, and the Imperial
does share an awful lot of parts with the Chrysler (plus Fury, Polara and
Monaco).    The major areas where the Imperial does not share BODY parts
with the Chrysler -

1) Rear quarter panels
2) Rear end - the Imperial has different taillamps, trunk lid, bumper and
many of the support bits differ from the others as a result.
3) the 4-door hardtop roofline differs from the New Yorker due to the
Imperial's smaller rear window.
4) Front stub frame and attaching parts - The different parts in the front
undoubtedly due to the different front stub frames, the Imperial needing
different pieces to handle the extra length, and weight, of the front
structure.

The 2-door hardtop roof and supporting bits are shared with the other C body
2-door hardtops, while the doors and door pillars are all shared with the
New Yorker, as are the floor pan (all sections), the rocker panels, rear
inner and outer wheelhouse, cowl, windshield frame and most supporting bits.

Of course, the major area of difference between the Imperial and the other C
bodies is in the trim - inside and out.   Again, the differences were in
what the buyer could see looking at the assembled vehicle.   The shared bits
were underneath, which were not visible to the buyer.

On page INF-7 the catalogue shows a Model Chart, listing all the makes,
models, and series available.   And it lists the various bodies that
Chrysler Corporation built and their designations :
"A" body - Plymouth Compact and Dodge Compact
"E" body - Plymouth Barracuda and Dodge Challenger
"B" body - Plymouth Intermediate and Dodge Intermediate
"C" body - Plymouth Full Size, Dodge Full Size, Chrysler and IMPERIAL.
There is no D body, nor a Y body (but there is a Y car line - Imperial).

Bill
Vancouver, BC