have I missed something?

at last my '74 imp is starting first turn hot or cold...new coil and coil to dist.cap wire have solved the starting problems..however a new one has turned up..car will stumble on acceleration then smooth out over 40-45..and when it stumbles it feels like you can actually "feel" the distributor turning..have i missed something?  thanks for any help..doesn't do it all the time and that is baffling to me...