Price of a 67 or 68 440?

Hello All;
 There was an article that I read about building up big blocks as a
comparison between the big three makes. Anyhow the 440 that was used was
done over was out of a 77' New Yorker and it had a forged steel crank. The
fellow that was building it specialized in building up MoPar race engines
and mentioned that very few did not have a steel crank and that there was
little difference in block strength over the years in which these were
built.
 With regards to value I would guess that it would depend on how much work
they needed. In a recend ad paper, in my area, there was a 1974 440 that
needed a rebuild for $200. In the same paper there was a 1970 440 out of a
Dodge Challenger for $850 with some speed parts, likely not needing a
rebuild. If it were me I would prefer to sell the whole car and not just the
motor so you don't get stuck having to dispose of the carcas.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.