50 Crown Progress

Not a lot to report.  Still haven't pulled the Lambert
disc apart because I've been building some 'carports'
to park all this tin under.  Different saga
entirely...

I did play with the power windows some Friday after I
picked up Elijah Scott's 50 shop manual and discovered
the power windows (hydralic) use brake fluid.  Anyway
I filled the unit and pushed the drivers window
switch.  The motor whirred and I felt something on my
hand.

"That's odd", I thought, "Where did that come from?"

Looking up, I pushed the button again and saw a stream
of fluid arc up from the bottom of the right rear door
across the divider window and hit my hand in the left
front.

Well, that would explain why the windows don't work.
The quart of brake fluid proceeded to drain out in the
back floor so I pulled the carpet and applied some oil
dry.  When it had stopped leaking, I vacuumed the oil
dry and saw the hole in the hydralic line. About 1/8
in diameter and just rusted away.  I expect the brake
lines are about the same and will be replacing them
all anyway. Should be an easy fix with some new line.

While I was at it I pulled the lower cushion and tried
to remove the seat back.  The 3 bolts at the bottom
were easy and I assumed the seat just lifts straight
up but it doesn't want to come out.  The seat is very
deteriorated and I hate to really push on it before I
know if there is a 'trick'.  Anyone know the drill on
a 50 seat?

Kerryp