Rattling heat shield

Doesn't matter where you live, the ability for the motor to warm up the quickest is always the best way to go.  Don't think of it as an emissions-only piece as that defeats the purpose of its correct operation allowing the choke to come off faster, prevent carb icing, and all-around allowing your motor to live longer.  Alter what Ma Mopar did on your vehicle at peril.  Best to keep stock items stock, BUT working properly.

Mine rattles also.  I wrapped a wire around it and the manifold until I find a better solution.  Used 14-gauge galvanized.  Been fine for two years and 20,000 miles. And I live in hotter-than-hell Texas.  That little flapper door is temp-regulated, and usually is only fully open when ambient underhood temps reach 115=degrees; otherwise it vaires frlom fully closed (heatr manifold air only) to partially heated/cooled.  This enables some nicely lean carb jetting, and is VERY good for mileage and engine life.
Not saying you can't "improve", but there is no free lunch.  Most remove-it-performance-mods result in increased fuel consumption and reduced engine life without altering carb/ignition timing, etc.  There is a balance being maintained with tthe way the factory did it, and an Imperial was right from the factory the first time.

Ross