Trany shop in DC

To: johan,
I can't help you with a trany shop in DC, but I can give you a little hope if you can find an honest transmission shop.  If you have all forward gears, chances are all you may have is a broken reverse valve which should be easily replaced with the trans in the car.  When they drop the pan, this should be easy to see.  Had this happen to me on a 64 Sport Fury and the bill was only $140.  A far cry from the $1,500 rebuild cost.  Good luck.
Myron Serbay
Plymouth, Mich.
69  340S 4Spd FB
64 Hemi Spt Fury