Imperial Purity - huh?

I've often asked myself the
> question that if we love our Imperials so much, why are
> many so quick to want to change everything about them?
> Isn't the reason we love them because of the way they
> were created?

The word "we" jumps out at me here.  Not everyone out there
agrees with that statement, and may just want their car to
run and drive for utility.  Right or wrong, the people that
choose to modify their Imperials should not be run out of
town or get negative opinions sent to them.  They did have
the open mind to come here to learn more...  Notice that
the derby guys are conspicuous by their absence here?

I sure hope that the next guy that joins our club and
admits to having something that's not "right" gets a more
caring reception, even if the recent spat was an isolated
example of what not to do.

Who knows?  Perhaps we can instead use a communal
Jedi-Mind-Trick and get them to slowly return to the light
side of the force through good example and donation of
correct parts?

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious