'65 paint removal question

Had my 65 LeBaron at the hobby shop on base for a check-up today. And I took
off the "chrysler badge" that sits just behind the front wheel on the
passenger side.

It's about the size of a quarter and was painted over by the previous owner
in a disgraceful attempt at a paint job. Having only seen one other 65
Lebaron (mine) Id like to know if there is anything under the body paint
besides the gold (it's visible on the back side of the badge).

If not, I can use a solvent to remove the body paint and the gold filed
metal will remain, correct?

And is there only one badge location for a 65 Lebaron? I couldn't find a
hole or at least a patch covering one on the drivers side.

Once again. Thanx
Johan
65 LeBaron
D.C.