Mike Becker Overflow canisters

Hi Mike, I just installed an overflow canister which was generic, and bought from my local Pep Boys Auto store for $10.00. I mounted it just behind the grill, ahead of my radiator, next to the horns. It worked out great, and is working very well, but according to many on this list, I think I am running too much coolant, and need to get some water in my system. As the coolant boiled out before I put on the canister, I was replacing it with more coolant, and not water.
Bill '59 Crown