textured roofs

At 03:39 AM 4/15/02, you wrote:
>I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions on the overflow canister.
>It appears however, from the responses I got, that I was overfilling the
>radiator. I've been topping it off just like I do in my newer car. The
>radiator was just flushed a few months ago, but I usually reserve only the
>best warmest days to drive my Imperial to work, so it appears I am
>overfilling it with antifreeze.
>        As far as the textured vinyl roof on my car, I feel it is one of
> it's true rarities, and was also one of the things I liked most about the
> car. Someone on the list said they did this texturing back in 1959, and I
> am pretty sure that is very accurate, since there is no evidence that
> previous owners made any attempt to customize the car. After repainting
> the landau section the roof looks brand new, and very much like a vinyl
> roof. When I bought the car, I had thoughts about putting stainless steel
> on the front section of the roof, and making it silver crested, but
> decided against it, feeling the car would become to much a hodge podge of
> textures. I love it just the way it is! Bill '59 Crown
Bill,.
I just wanted to thank you for the heads up on the texured top, as I had
assumed that on my car, it was an aftermarket attempt to update a car to
look as if it had a vinyl roof. I don't believe vinyl roofs were available
in 1963, the year of my car.
Like you, I have about decided to keep the textured roof, whether it is
from the factory or a later add on.It is period for this car.
Danny