Please Welcome Pete Morgan '67 Vert

New Subscriber(s): Pete Morgan
Email Address is: skylane7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Anniston, Al

Car(s) owned: 1967 Crown Convertible. Light Silver Green with Dark Green
Leather.

Self-Introduction: I was a third generation DeSoto, Plymouth and Chrysler
Dealer. I sold the family business in 1998 after 64 years of selling
Chrysler products. I worked for Chrysler Corporation as a field factory rep.
in the Philadelphia Region from 1965 to 1971 before returning to Alabama to
join the family business.
My 1967 Imperial Convertible was a company car we bought from Chrysler with
6000 miles and sold it to a retired army colonel in 1968. In 1976 he traded
it in on a new Plymouth Volare station wagon with 41,000 miles on the car.
He told us that he had never put the top down in the eight years he owned
the car.
I have kept the car since 1976 and have put 4000 additional miles on it. It
has always been car port and garage kept, so the top is origional and in
good shape. The car has had no damage, but was repainted 3 years ago to make
it look more like new. The leather in in good shape with some cracking, but
thanks to the guys I just met at the Anniston meet, I now know where to go
to restore the leather to top condition.
In the last two years I sold off a '65 Crown Coupe, a '64 Crown Convertible
and a '57 Crown 4dr sedan.