Message From Bill "Whiteshoes" Johnson

My Dear Imperial Friends,

After 6 plus years of membership with this fine group I have come to a
decision to resign my administrative position and leave the list
effective immediately. It is not without much thought and sadness that I
have made this decision and for a variety of reasons. Much has changed
over these years both with this list and my personal life. In weighing
all of this over and over in my mind, I feel that it is best that I
devote my energy to other areas at this point in my life.

Many of you are new and I haven't had the opportunity to get to know you
as much as I wish. For the "old-timers", I have made some dear
friendships with many of you and will miss the day to day contact but
hope we cross paths somewhere down the line in the future! I value each
and every one of you dearly!

The IML has gone through some tremendous growth and to maintain that
growth and a solid future, it needs help from each of you in different
ways. For some please volunteer to help out with web page updates,
additions and deletions. I know not all of us our computer savvy and
this may be not your forte but if you have some skill the group can use
you. For others new and fresh ideas are needed in the administration
side of the list. Speak up and volunteer to be a part of this group. You
can help in decisions such as moderating, keeping the rules updated and
workable, bringing fresh new ideas to the list so that it is fun and
enjoyable and helping with the decisions that will keep the list solid
for the future. For all as Leslie recently posted, send a donation to
Manuel. This is crucial to keep the electricity turned on and keep the
list free for all the members. It doesn't have to be thousands of
dollars. Whatever you can afford will work. Maybe look at what benefit
you derive from this group and weigh your amount based on that. All
donations are kept strictly confidential and no one judges you or is
your membership tied to this. Just please help out in any way you can.

Only a handful of you know some of things that have happened in my life
recently but I feel I should share some of them so you realize some of
things that have entered into my decision. When I joined this list I was
in a job position that allowed me to have internet access most all the
day. I was able to be quite active with that happenstance. A few years
ago, I changed jobs and starting traveling. Small amount at first, then
increasing until this past year I traveled the entire country. Many
things took a new light when I was on my way to New York, 9-11-01. I was
grounded in Indianapolis, where I remained for three days until it was
safe to return home to my wife. Having a daughter that is a Flight
Attendant with one of the major airlines and a Son assigned to the Bomb
Wing of the Air Force added more grief. Not only did this have a change
on my personal values of what was the most important things in life, it
changed my company's outlook as well. Our CEO lost his Son in the WTC.
We had already been in a downsizing mode. I was actually laid off for 4
months last spring. Ironically at the same time my insurance ran out, my
wife was declared permanently disabled. With costs of drugs alone
exceeding $1500.00 a month, I sold my Imperial as there was no way I was
going to be able to restore it the way I desired. Not that I lost
interest in Imperials! I actually crave for a finned Imperial in the
worst way. My Company was able to create a new job for me and brought me
back in. Other than the national travel, I got the benefits back, most
importantly the medical. Biggest problem was I was never home. Well now
that has changed, as my Company after trying to resurrect itself in our
Industry decided earlier this year to give up and exit the business
entirely. My last day was last Friday. So now I find myself back in the
same dilemma.

I surely am not disclosing this private information to you to obtain
your sympathy. A job would be nice though! :-) I have had some people
question my activity with the group and why I am not around or why I
don't post anymore and I think this will give you some of the reasons.
Without an Imperial I have lost much of the common ground I once shared
coupled with my employment woes, I became more or less a lurker. Now
faced with finding a new career, my wife's problems and a whole set of
new priorities I think you will understand my decision.

I hope that you all take my advice and get involved in some way. The
list needs your help more than ever at this time. The huge amount of
growth has made it the 600 lb gorilla and it takes a bunch to feed it!
Good luck to all of you and look me up if you ever come to Eastern Utah!

Whiteshoes