Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 4:56 AM
Subject: IML: Imperial Model Kits...AMT

Stan, As I said, I had many of them as a child, but I really can't remember what happened to all of them. I suspect my parents disposed of them while I was away at school, and anything that was left after that was undoubtedly gotten rid of when my parents moved from Chicago to San Diego. In recent years I have restarted my model collection, but now it consists of either cars I've owned, or my parents have owned. I can vividly remember my favorite '59 Imperial Hardtop which was tan with a black landau roof, and a black and tan interior. I loved that model so much that it's color scheme is now the inspiration for my new real '59 Imperial. I also remember a candy apple purple '61 Imperial limousine that I built. I don't know how good of a painter and kit builder I was back then, since I don't have any of the cars to judge them, but I do know I am very good now, judging from my Boeing 707 collection. As you can probably tell, I am stuck in an era when both ca rs and planes were coming out of their shells! Please let me know how to get one of your kits, as I would love to take one on again, and now that I have the real thing, I'd like a Mini Me to go along with it. Thanks, Bill '59 Crown