73 Rear A/C

Randy,
I've owned a 70 LeBaron 4DHT since 1985 and collected info about these
cars since then.  I've never seen comprehensive published info on option
installation rates.  You see statistics on some options but I'm not sure
of the source material: 97.5% of 73 Imperials had some type of power
seat, 99.9% had tinted glass, and 83.7% had a tilt/telescope steering
column.

I'm most interested in 69-71 fuselage Imperials and I've looked at many
over the years.  I'd estimate that a large majority of these cars have
the Autotemp system -- probably about 75%.  Very few have no A/C, like
maybe 5%.  The remaining 20% have manual A/C.  Dual A/C (front and rear)
is scarcely seen, probably because of the cost -- about $250 over the
price of front-only A/C.  While the local installation rate will depend
largely on the area the car was sold in, I'd be surprised if even 20% of
fuselage Imperials had dual A/C.  I'm in SE PA and I've only seen one
car with it, probably because it isn't really necessary here.  Other
States like TX and AZ, etc. will naturally have more dual A/C cars.
Pete in PA

<Randy Martin wrote:
Anyone have an idea how rare (or not) rear A/C was in the '73 Imperial
LeBarons?
Mine has it and I wondered if it was a rarity or not. Are there
published stats on rarity of different options (mine seems to have all
of them from what I can determine so far).  Thanks for any help.
Randy
'73 LeBaron 4DR HT>