Useful Information

At 10:06 PM 2/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>. I have found  heavy carbon on plugs on cylinders 2 and 8 on the right side.
Is it possible that your mixture is too rich and it fouls those
plugs?  Then of course, why just those two plugs and not the others?  Is it
possible that the valve guides in these two cylinders are shot?  You said
your compression is good, so the rings must be OK.  If you clean the plugs
and re-install them, does it run right for a while, and then starts
missing?  You said you have new plug wires, but is it possible for one or
more of those to be defective?  Have you tried the "darkness test"?  Let
the engine run in the dark and look for sparks under the hood, especially
when the engine is missing.  If you see any, you have bad plug wires.  Its
possible for the spark to "leak" only under load because the electrical
resistance of the plug gap increases with load, and the spark will try to
find the path of least resistance which might not be through the plug gap
if the wires are no good.  D^2