1968 power window switch

I suspect a problem in the power window switch on my driver's door in my
'68 convertible and I am having a devil of a time trying to remove the
plate that contains the switch.

I asked a friend who has a 68 and I've done everything he recommends--
I've removed the 3 retaining screws (and a 4th one way back
underneath)-- but the thing will NOT budge more than about 1/4" in any
direction.  Has anyone on the list ever done this on a convertible?  I'm
wondering if it's slightly different on the conv. than the 4 dr.  Is
there something else holding this sucker down?

Mark M