1st/OD/final drive ratio/RobP

        Rob,
        The usage of the 700 R is almost as you say.. There is excellent
aftermarket support for such.. Minor problem.. COST.. The cost to
        mate to a Mopar is not cheap.. And yes, they have electronic lock-up
        which can be operated from a toggle.. However, that toggle is wired to
        a 'brain-box' <OE calls it a computor>.. A wiring nightmare in MY
        opinion... I looked at doing this on a GM I have and decided not to
        because of the agravation..And that is in a GM.. To even give any
        thought to doing a 700 in a Mopar would be even worse..
        To answer another posters question as to the gear seperation.. Look
        at it as a gear split, not a multiplier.. You would start out with
        first,std.. then go to first O/D, the switch O/D back to std as you
        go to second. Now you are in second std, then switch to second O/D.
        And so on/etc.. And yes, it even works in reverse.. It will not lower
        any existing gear ratio, but rather increase the ratio.. So your 2.45
        first would now be a 2.45X.78 = 1.91...
                Robb
At 08:27 PM 1/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok:
>  I'm considering this for my car too.  One other possiblity is the G*
7004r.  I read about somebody converting an a-body mopar to this w/a
conversion kit.  It has more aftermarket support, supposedly is physically
smaller, so it fits better, has a lower first and similiar o/d ratio, and
an electronic lock-up that you can work with a toggle switch.