2.76+OD= ?

        Carl..
        Minor problem here.. take 2.76 and multiply times .78  You will
        notice it gives you a really high top end gear, yes, but do you
        have enough motor to pull it... There is a point of diminished
        returns... That being if you have not enough motor to pull the
        weight of the auto then you must compensate by giving MORE gas,
        hence, lower mileage..
        Another factor to think about.. By having a higher final drive
        ratio you are stressing third gear in the trans.. Third gear has
        the most amount of use while having the least amount of pressure..
        Third has about 55# where first has about 75# of line pressure..
        What I have always been amused by is REV, having over 200# of line
        pressure and the most gear multiplication.. Go figure..
                Robb