Accessing the inner door 64 Imp Help!

Blast the heck out of the lock mechanism with WD-40 or
someother spray lube down through the glass area or where
ever you can get it down to the guts of the latch. You may
also want to try pushing in on the door while trying to
operate the handle. I had a 66 that sometimes the door
didn't want to open. Pushing in on the door & lifting the
handle at the same time opened it right up.
John