Accessing the inner door 64 Imp Help!

I have a dilemma, my friend is getting down to the removal of the door handles on my 1964 Imperial in preparation for receiving it's first paint job since the factory in 63. I have a problem though. The passenger side door will not open. The door pull knob seems to be up, but the door will not unlock with key, outside pull, or inside handle. Any suggestions? I want to remove the inner door panel so I can access and remove the outer door handle. Thanks in advance. I'm getting closer to being on the road, and getting excited. Greg
(64 4 door Crown)