Installing Electronic Ignition - 65 Crown

Installing Electronic Ignition - 65 Crown

Greetings!!!

How big an operation would it be to install electronic
ignition on my 65 Crown? I am a NOVICE mechanic but
can perform operations that aren't too difficult. Are
the kits being discussed recently very expensive? Can
anyone estimate the cost? My friend and I tried to set
the points the other day and I think it worked but I
wonder if my Crown would prefer the electronic? Would
I definately improve my mileage? (I only get 7.5 in
the city). The bottom line: IS IT WORTH IT?

Sorry I'm so clueless here. Thanks for your help !!!

Chris Walter
65 Crown