single or dual carb setup

If you're interested (I'm sure everybody knows this anyway) the long ram
manifolds which came out in '60 on all B engines were first toyed with by
people like Jim Thornton and Al eckstrand in an old ramchargers car - this
being an old thirties coupe with pretty wild looking induction and the long
rams were tuned to provide most torque delivery around the 2500 rpm range -
this being suitable for the heavyweights - the short cross rams appeared
also in the same year - the most obvious example being the 400 horse 413 in
the 300F. The 300E cars had a medium riser inline dual quad set up - nothing
that special whilst the older 392's used the same apart from those
unmentionables - the EFI cars. One thing I think a lot of people forget is
not only the huge amount of research that goes into these things, but the
obvious fact that a lot of hi po engines back then needed dual quads. Ever
seen an early WCFB? they're pretty horrible...AFB's are light years better,
tunings also fairly hard - one of the things one hardly hears is the exhaust
manifolds which were also unique - they had the heat risers for the carbs
that sat on top of them, also forget about plug changing...but damn they
look so good...the long rams were 30 inches long and the short cross rams
were 15" (these were the high rev ones) but funnily enough - from where to
where? port to first venturi? I think this kind of stuff can turn something
presently driveable into a real dog with very little effort - the factory
knew what they were doing...