WELCOME Keith Hopping (1958)

Hi, Keith.

Boy, you come out swinging, don't you?  "Self confessed know it alls???"
Well, that's one way to put it, I suppose.

Be that as it may, congratulations on your latest, non-Buick, acquisition.
I can this: This particular year, the 58, seems to attract a very
cosmopolitan crowd.  There is a list member with one in Australia, Japan,
Italy and Switzerland to my knowledge.  I live in Texas but am just a damn
furr'ner, hailing originally from Scotland.

There were three trim levels of Imperial in 1958.  The base model, which has
no name, which makes it simply an Imperial, I suppose; the Imperial Crown -
not to be confused, of course, with the Crown Imperial, which is the Ghia
built stretched limousine, and the top of the range LeBaron.  The interiors
seem to have the biggest differences when it comes to these trim levels.
All the major mechanical goodies were available at every trim level, so my
base level car has front and rear A/C, but not the cruise control system.

I hope your car is in great shape.  I hope you can share pictures of it with
us on the web site.  There is a wealth of information about these cars, and
quite a few people who know them inside and out, their good points and their
weaknesses.  Before long, you, too, will be an Imperial know it all.  For
some reason they seem to induce that effect.  They are a special car for
special people.  I have a feeling you are going to fit right in.

Hugh