'62 Crown Power Antenna Question

Hi Max, I have 3, 62's all of them have the original antenna's, which stand about 8" above the fender when fully lowered. They do not fully retract, but radio shops sell ones that will fit your car, and fully descend into the fender, if you so wish. Denis RWC

i have a quick question about the power antenna on a '62 crown.  were they
built to fully retract into the "bulb" of the unit, or were they built so an
inch or so of each section remained showing even after the unit was fully
retracted?  as you might guess, my power antenna goes down all the way, but
it leaves a little of each section showing when fully retracted rather than
disappearing into the "bulb" or chrome base of the antenna unit.

if mine is not working right, i'm up for suggestions.  i assume that the
mast kits for these units are tough to find.