65 factory paint scheme?

Title: Re: IML: 65 factory paint scheme?
Paul Volkmann/imperial65@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The only 2-tone Imp I've seen is the Black/Red(or Burgundy) '66 in Blow
(which would be PB?, QB?, 7B? (or the reverse of one of those)

I'm not sure what color "Blow" is (white? j/k!) but I do not believe there were *any* factory two-tones on '64 Imperials, even though the fender-cap moldings seem to delineate a natural break for two colors. Elwood Engel was not one to use such neoclassic touches on his cars, and I'm hard-pressed to think of a single two-tone offering during his reign at Chrysler (or Ford, for that matter).

The upper/lower colors specified on data plates usually referred to the body color versus the roof, or more often the color of paint used on the upper part of the doors, usually only visible from inside the car. For example, my Hemi Orange '72 Charger specifies metallic dark tan as the upper color, because the doors are painted this way on the inside to match the tan interior. Interestingly, you cannot see this color without removing the interior door trim, except for some tiny edges here and there. Ah, the good old days when details mattered.

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon