IML: 73 Details

Greetings to All,

I have been away from my 73 LeBaron for several years(it's in storage in Florida). When I do get home for vacation in December I will finally have some time(and money) to start restification on the old girl. I have a few ideas, but I would like some advice on a some issues if anyone has a minute.

1. Radiator
Mine is not stock, nor is the shroud and although it never overheated it seems slightly smaller(thinner) than factory. I want to buy a 4 row severe duty aluminum unit from J.C. Whitney. They say it will fit. In addition, I would like to use quality electric fan(s). Would this improve cooling? Any extra considerations for this installation? My car will be a driver, no numbers match and A/C on all the time in the summer. Any suggestions? My parts car didn't come with a radiator or shroud.

2. Overdrive
Is anyone using an overdrive unit? If so, what is the reliability of it? The Gear Vendors gearbox sounds almost too good to be true. Can it handle a 3 ton car under(brisk) acceleration? Does it hang down too far?

3. Light Lenses
Does anyone reproduce the turn, side, marker and tail lenses for the '73? Between the 2 cars, I can come up with a set but I know they are brittle.

4. Windshield
Are there any N.O.S. windshields?  Both of mine are pocked pretty bad.

5. Leather
My Leather is in fairly good shape, but most of the stitching between the squares is gone. Does anyone know of a quality upolstery shop in the southeast that can tackle a job like that with nice results?

Thanks in advance. I have a lot more questions but lets see how this comes out first.

dj
73 LeBaron