Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:02 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: LED bulbs

Interesting... this company's LED replacements claim to address the big
issue with most LED-style units designed to replace regular bulbs, namely
the (lack of) distribution of the light. I still wonder, though, if you'll
still see three light-bulb-sized circles inside your '67's giant taillamps
rather than having the glow of the conventional bulb fill the whole lamp
area.

I would make sure they have a return policy.

And six bulbs shouldn't send your ammeter into that much of a tizzy. They
are drawing about 10 amps, about the same as your low-beam headlamps, but I
would check your voltage regulator if the needle moves more than 1/3 of the
way from the center to the "D" on the ammeter when you brake with all the
other consumers on. Also, be prepared to change the turn signal relay, as
the low draw of the LEDs might cause a conventional thermal flasher not to
flash (as if a bulb is burned out).

Let us know what you find! I'm curious about these myself, and if they've
solved the dispersion of light problem, I'd be interested, too.

Thanks, Ken!
Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon